Monday, July 26, 2010

My beautiful girl is 10!!!



How did she get from this....









To this ....




She had a great birthday and party .....17 of her closest ......I'm glad we only do this every few years. I took her to see this....



on her actual b'day, she has seen the other two but this was the first one in a cinema .... she felt very grown up.......

Like always I did the cake .... and like always it wasn't as easy as i anticipated.....

to start with I had to cook the cakes in the caravan because my oven is allergic to them.....





so far so good until I realised I will need much more blue icing.....




but hey check it out.....



I had to get Shane to help me roll it out cause I didn't have the upper body strength for that much icing.... I measured the cake up across and down and told Shane I needed a 42cm circle .... that he achieved .....I have no idea how .... but it was when he was lifting it onto the cake that we realised that you can't cover a cylinder with a circle ....... I hate decorating cakes!!!!...... so a circle for the top and a rectangle for around the sides .... lots of beautiful coloured spot and balls and it was done... (please ignore all the other mess in the kitchen ... i get a bit carried away when it comes to parties)
The colours were great ( to match her invites and party favours) and achieved with gel dies.... Tip 1. don't try to colour ready to roll icing with cheap colouring ... it wont work...



till next time...

2 comments:

suzitee said...

That is one gorgeous cake Leah...and happy birthday to the birthday girl!

Leisa@Scrapsidaisy said...

Oh Leah - that cake is amazing and the matching party bags are sooo pretty- wow - can't believe she is 10!